Nigerian Agriculture - Farming in Nigeria

Nigerian Agriculture - Farming in Nigeria

By Moshinfohub in 13 Jan 2023 | 07:01


Faithful User
Forums Best User
Posts: 13
Likes: 2
Member since: 18 Aug 2019

This post will walk us through Nigerian Agriculture – Farming in Nigeria. Over the years and even as of today, the Nigerian economy is being controlled by Oil and Gas with little improvements in the non-oil sectors, most important agriculture.

Statistics say Nigerian Agriculture – Farming in Nigeria comprises mainly four (4) key sectors which are; “Crop Production, Livestock, Fisheries, and Forestry”. However, crop production represents about 88.6 percent, and the remaining ones put together share 11.4 percent.

Unfortunately, more than 50% of the harvest from crop production is lost due to different challenges and which later results in a huge economic loss to all participants in the industry.

Farmers are now getting over it and the result has given birth to different Nigeria Agricultural Farm.

The country loses a lot of revenue in taxes and is also unable to collect tax from farmers because there is no structure on the ground to make this a win-win for all.

Nigerian Agriculture – Farming in Nigeria

Nigerian Agriculture – Farming in Nigeria till today is still a lucrative business which makes a lot of companies to be getting involved. Furthermore, if you need any agricultural farm in Nigeria to supply you with agricultural products of any type and quantity, then you are in the right place to know the top 11 Agricultural farms in Nigeria. This is simply a list you can use to make your edible decisions.

The government in power today is laying more emphasis on Nigerian Agriculture – Farming in Nigeria, which makes the government close its borders so that Agricultural products are not being imported instead of patronizing the country’s local Agricultural products.

Brief on Nigerian Agriculture – Farming in Nigeria

In the 70s, the Nigerian government promoted the usage of inorganic fertilizers. As of 1990, it was recorded that out of the 91 million hectares of Nigeria’s total land area, 82 million hectares were found to be arable for farming. This makes farming serious in the country and in which 42 percent of the arable land area is used for farming.

As of 2001, agriculture contributed 32 percent to Nigeria’s GDP.

Over the years, Some agricultural products are being imported into Nigeria from the neighboring counties, such as livestock, rice, and groundnut oil to mention but a few. All these agricultural products being imported can be sourced locally within the country.

Major Crops planted in Nigeria include;

  • Bananas
  • Beans
  • Cashew nuts
  • Cassava
  • Cocoa
  • Groundnuts
  • Gum arabic
  • Kolanut
  • Maize
  • Melon
  • Millet
  • Palm kernels
  • Palm oil
  • Rice
  • Rubber
  • Sesame
  • Sorghum
  • Soybeans
  • Yams, etc.

Top 11 Nigeria Agriculture – Farming in Nigeria

Read the full article on Nigerian Agriculture - Farming in Nigeria

13 Jan 2023 | 07:01


Please describe about the report short and clearly.

(234) 9121762581
[email protected]


When you visit any of our websites, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience. Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Click on the different category headings to find out more and manage your preferences. Please note, that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.